Steps to Evaluate Open Automation Software
Try Open Automation Software for free. Using the instructions below, you can download a fully-functional 30-day trial of the OAS Platform.
Step 1 – Download and Install
- Install Open Automation Software.
- Note: All products and communication drivers are included with this one setup.
Step 2 Install other required applications (optional)
- Visual Studio – If you plan to develop .NET applications and you will need Microsoft Visual Studio. If you do not have a copy of Visual Studio visit Microsoft Visual Studio Community page (formerly known as Visual Studio Express) and select to download Visual Studio Community and install. This is a free version of Visual Studio.
- Note: If you install Visual Studio after Open Automation Software uninstall Open Automation Software and reinstall.
- SQL Server Express: If you plan to implement Data Logging or Alarm Logging and need a free database engine visit Microsoft’s SQL Server Express product page and select Download SQL Server Express and install. This is a free version of SQL Server.
- Note: Open Automation Software also works with Oracle, mySQL, MongoDB, InfluxDB, SQLite, PostgreSQL, MariaDB, and CSV files. Also classic MS Access in the Windows version only.
Make use of the support resources:
- This online help -View the Contents section of this file for a list of easy to follow guides in setting up the most common features of Open Automation Software.
- View the Videos section of this file for a list of online video training. You can follow along while watching the video while you learn quickly and also see other important aspects.
- The Basic Start Video is a good video that demonstrates some of the most commonly used features of Open Automation Software with a .NET application.
- Review the FAQ – In each section there is a Frequently Asked Questions section which is all listed in the common Frequently Asked Questions.
Contact Support if you have questions about any of the products or steps to implement Open Automation Software.