FAQs – Getting Started
What do I do if I cannot find the answer to my question in this help file?
Contact Open Automation Software Technical Support Team at email@example.com.
Where can download the latest version of Open Automation Software?
How do I check what changes are available in different versions of Open Automation Software?
You can view what version you are currently running using the Configure application and select Help-Versions. On that dialog there is a button to take to the following to check current versions. Visit: Open Automation Software Version History
What is the price of the software?
Pricing starts at $195 US for one product. Visit Request a Quote to request a product quotation.
Is there anything special that needs to be installed to run on Windows Embedded operating system?
Yes, the Microsoft Visual C++ libraries need to be installed. Download from the following. http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5582
Can I install Open Automation Software in silent mode?
Yes, run the following Setup.exe /s /v"/qn".
Should I develop a WPF, WinForm, or HTML5 client application?
All support communications over the Internet, so networking is not a deciding factor. Windows HMI is a good choice if:
- The customer is not experienced in creating WPF applications but has strong knowledge in building Windows Forms applications and the application is not graphics intensive.
- The application is for mainly displaying values.
- The customer wants to use Open Automation Software Controls in an existing Windows Forms Application.
- The customer wants to write a service to read and write data to Open Automation Software.
- The customer application will be running on Windows 2000 Professional.
- The customer has no preference and he want to use graphics.
- The customer would like Lamps, Switches, Shapes, Gauges, Pie Charts, Bar Charts, PID Controls or story boards built into the control library.
- The customer wants to be using the latest technology.
- The customer’s application is graphic centered as opposed to mainly a data display.
- The customer wants to automatically scale his application to the monitor size.
- The customer wants the ability to Scale, Rotate or Skew object in the application.
- If you plan to run the application on a smart phone or non widows operating system.
I have a problem uninstalling Open Automation Software due to a missing MSI.
Try running the fix https://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301?wa=wsignin1.0
I am prompted to install the .NET Framework 3.5 during installation?
The .NET Framework 3.5 needs to be enabled. a) Press “Windows Logo” + “R” keys on the keyboard. b) Type “appwiz.cpl” in the “Run” command box and press “ENTER”. c) In the “Programs and Features” window, click on the link “Turn Windows features on or off”. d) Check if the “.NET Framework 3.5 (includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0)” option is available in it. e) If yes, then enable it and then click on “OK”. f) Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation and restart the computer, if prompted.