Installation and Configuration
For installing and configuring the Open Automation Software Server, please refer to the product documentation. To configure a web page to communicate with the server, you must include:
- jQuery v1.8.3 or later, found at jquery.com and is also distributed with the OAS Web HMI product
- The OAS Web HMI Script Library
- The OAS Web HMI Stylesheet, which is used for styling modal dialogs and can be modified to fit your web design
NOTE: As of v2.6.0 of the Web HMI script library, object and attribute names have been changed to avoid confusion with OPC protocols and standards. The new object names are as follows:
- OPC_config is now OAS_config
- Top level OPC class used for calls such as OPC.authenticate is now OAS
- Markup attributes are no longer prefixed opc-tag-, and are now oas-tag-.
- Script libraries are backward-compatible, so existing code with “OPC” nomenclature will still function with no issues
To check your current script version, open an application using Web HMI in your browser, open a debug console and execute the command: OPC.version
The following is an example of a properly configured, minimal HTML page:
Of course, this example does not contain any bindings to OAS Server Tags, but contains all elements necessary to connect to a server located at http://localhost:58725 using an authentication token of7e61b230-481d-4551-b24b-ba9046e3d8f2.