Raspberry Pi IoT Installation
OAS Platform Support on Raspberry Pi 4
The Open Automation Software platform can be installed on Raspberry Pi 4 systems with full support of all communication interfaces.
- Modbus TCP, Modbus RTU, and Modbus ASCII for Master and Slave
- Allen Bradley ControlLogix, CompactLogix, GuardLogix, Micro800, MicroLogix, SLC 500, and PLC-5
- Siemens S7-200, S7-300, S7-400, S7-1200, and S7-1500
- OPC UA Server and Client
- MQTT Broker and Client
- Azure IoT Data Hub
- AWS IoT Gateway
- Raspberry GPIO Pins
All OAS platform features are supported for Raspberry Pi 4.
- Data logging and alarm logging to MSSQL Server and SQL Azure, Oracle, mySQL, MongoDB, MariaDB, PostgreSQL, Cassandra, SQLite, InfluxDB, and CSV files
- Realtime and historical trending
- Realtime and historical alarming
- Alarm notification
- Live visualization for web user interfaces
- Live visualization for remote .NET applications
- Full programmatic support of configuration, live, and historical data via REST API and .NET interface
View the following video for easy to follow instructions to install OAS on a Raspberry Pi 4 device and see the Web HMI Dashboard hosted directly from the Raspberry Pi 4.
The same steps are also listed in the Linux Installation guide so you can follow along with the installation script.
Visit the Web HMI Dashboard for more detail on the self hosted web interface with dynamic user configuration.