Should I develop a WPF, WinForm, or HTML5 client application?
All support communications over the Internet, so networking is not a deciding factor.
Windows HMI is a good choice if:
- The customer is not experienced in creating WPF applications but has strong knowledge in building Windows Forms applications and the application is not graphics intensive.
- The application is for mainly displaying values.
- The customer wants to use Open Automation Software Controls in an existing Windows Forms Application.
- The customer wants to write a service to read and write data to Open Automation Software.
- The customer application will be running on Windows 2000 Professional.
WPF HMI is a good choice if:
- The customer has no preference and he want to use graphics.
- The customer would like Lamps, Switches, Shapes, Gauges, Pie Charts, Bar Charts, PID Controls or story boards built into the control library.
- The customer wants to be using the latest technology.
- The customer’s application is graphic centered as opposed to mainly a data display.
- The customer wants to automatically scale his application to the monitor size.
- The customer wants the ability to Scale, Rotate or Skew object in the application.
Web HMI is a good choice if:
- If you plan to run the application on a smart phone or non widows operating system.