ANNUAL SOFTWARE MAINTENANCE
BENEFITS TO PURCHASING MAINTENANCE WITH LICENSE:
1. Free version upgrades for maintenance contract duration plus 90 days
2. Product upgrades, such as tag or feature increases, for the difference in price vs. the full feature price.
3. If you have the full OAS suite, then new features will be added to your contract at no additional cost.
4. For your maintenance renewal(before expiration date), you pay percentage(20%) of your original price.
5. You can move a license from one system to another.
WITHOUT A MAINTENANCE CONTRACT:
1. No version upgrades after 90 days of purchase.
2. If you want a change in tag or features, you must pay full price for new license.
3. If you have the full OAS suite, to obtain new features purchase of product feature is required.
4. If you decide to get on maintenance after it has expired it will cost double(40% of the current price of the license vs. 20% of the original price) what it would have if you had purchased it with your license.
5. You cannot move a license.
Select Configure-System Status using the Configure application and view the Totals section of the information provided.
There is a default demo Tag configuration file that is set to load under Configure-Options. If you are not using these tags remove this default file or create your own only with your own tags and restarted the 3 OAS Services using the OAS Service Control.
Use Configure-License with the Configure application with one of the methods listed in the System Configuration – License section of this help file.
No, the one common download of Open Automation Software contains all of the products, drivers, and is activated with a Serial Number with an Internet connection, or with a License Key without an Internet connection.
There are more than 100 tags in the demo tag configuration. Delete the demo tags and set the default tag configuration file under Configure Option Default Files.
No, the license will remain active while you uninstall and reinstall Open Automation Software.
If you software license is up to date with a current maintenance use the steps in Moving a Software License.
No, the license will remain, but do not delete any files from C:Program Files (x86)Open Automation SoftwareOPC Systems.NET when you uninstall Open Automation Software.