- Modbus TCP, Modbus RTU, and Modbus Modbus TCP, Modbus RTU, and Modbus ASCII
- All 3 protocols implemented on Ethernet, RS-232, or RS-485
- Enron protocol support
- Extended addressing support
SQL SERVER FEATURES
- Log data based on event, continuously, time of day, or go back in time after an event.
- Log data in an open format that is easy to query.
- Store and forward feature to eliminate data loss on network failure.
Start Logging Modbus Data to SQL Server
Download a Free Trial Today!
See How it’s Done
Knowledge Base Articles
Modbus is one of the most common communications protocols for connecting Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs) and other industrial data sources.
Open Automation Software Tags can be defined to connect directly to Modbus slave devices with the built in Modbus Driver Interface which supports communications over Ethernet and Serial interfaces with Modbus TCP, Modbus RTU, and Modbus ASCII protocols. From there, you can log any Tag item value from Open Automation Software to Microsoft SQL Server.