Moving data from your local or remote data sources to (or from) Microsoft Azure IoT platform?
This is the product.
It doesn’t matter what the data source – with Open Automation Software you can move it to Azure IoT devices.
Data transfer is secure, accurate and fast. Data quality is verified via timestamp using Advanced Message Queuing Protocol (AMQP). Take live local, remote or plant floor data and easily use it in big data analytics.
Write Live data to Azure IoT devices using the built in AMQP protocol driver. This enables you to take full advantage of any or all of the other big data and IoT services provided by Azure.
The core of the OAS Platform, enabling data connectivity, server-to-server networking, and more
Log data in open format to MS SQL Server, Oracle, mySQL, PostgreSQL, InfluxDB, MongoDB, SQLite, MariaDB, Access, SQL Azure, and CSV
Log events to open databases, and send notifications via SMS, email, and voicemail
Read and write data to Allen Bradley, Siemens, and Modbus devices, Universal Drivers, OPC, OPC UA, databases, and Excel. Read MTConnect.
Connect to cloud-base IoT gateways such as AWS, Azure IoT, and MQTT Brokers
Build custom Visualizations, User Interfaces, HMIs and Dashboards for Windows, web, as well as native iOS and Android devices
Develop custom automation apps for Windows, web, and mobile devices. Integrate with .NET and REST APIs. Build custom integrated device drivers.
Provides the most robust, scalable, and reliable distributed networking platform for IIoT solutions
- Publish data to Azure IoT devices based on event, continuously, or data change.
- Includes timestamp and data quality from originating source.
- Enable Store and Forward option to buffer data during service interruptions.
The Azure IoT Data Hub allows you to read or write data to and from Azure IoT devices using AMQP. This enables you to take full advantage of any or all of the other services provided by Azure.
Note: Our Data Historian product is an easy and reliable way to move data to Azure SQL.
What does the OAS Azure IoT Gateway Interface do for me?
Use OAS Azure IoT Gateway Interface to quickly, efficiently and securely move data to and from your IoT infrastructure.
- Production data
- Alarm Data
- Energy monitoring
- OEE (Overall equipment effectiveness)
- Maintenance data
- Down time monitoring
- Supply chain information
- Inventory data
- GPS Data
- Weather Data
- BMS (Building Management Systems)
- Pipe Line Data
- Well Production
- And many more
AMQP – A highly efficient protocol for remote devices
OAS Azure IoT Gateway Interface utilizes AMQP, a lightweight protocol that implements a client/broker architecture.
Due to its client/server architecture and its small footprint AMQP is well suited for small devices with limited power or network connectivity. A common application is to use this protocol on hundreds or thousands of remote devices that may have battery or solar power and be utilizing cellular or other limited or expensive communications.
Advantages of AMQP
- Small packet size = low overall bandwidth usage
- Great choice for limited connectivity – remote device connects to the broker when possible and publishes its updated state
- Able to both subscribe and publish to brokers making it easy to take remote device data and View, Historize, Alarm, Trend and Notify via Web, .NET, Email, Voice and SMS.
- Share non machine to machine (M2M) data and share it with M2M devices and clients utilizing the analytics available on Azure or other Big Data systems.
- Windows PC/Server
- Windows Embedded
- Windows IoT
- Linux Server
- Virtual Machines (Win/Linux)
- Raspberry Pi 4
- Docker Containers (Win/Linux)